Student Groups: Rafting in Colorado
Find the Perfect Trip for your School or College Group
If you are seeking a fun event for students of any age and need activity ideas, AVA is ready to help. Depending on the age group of your students, we can figure out the perfect outdoor excursion for your class to liven up the summer school experience. Choose from options like whitewater rafting, zip lining horseback riding, and rock climbing. Or sample a little bit of everything for the ultimate Colorado experience!
- Price breaks for groups of 10-19, 20-49, and 50+ people
Our trips on the Upper Colorado River out of Kremmling, Colorado are calm enough for children of all ages and a perfect way to get out in the wilderness for nature lessons. For an added dose of interactive fun, consider doing our inflatable kayak trip instead, where each member of the group gets their own small boat.
- Half day and full day options
- River Trips ages 3+
- Inflatable kayaks ages 10+
- Stand Up Paddleboarding ages 13+
- All rafting gear provided including wetsuits and splash tops
For older student groups, there are several rafting trips around the state that are safe and easy enough including half-day, full-day and multi-day river trips! Come camping at our Granite/Buena Vista Outpost for free with a full day rafting trip. The Arkansas River, specifically the Browns Canyon section, is one of the most popular stretches of river run commercially in the United States!
- Browns Canyon trips ages 7+
- Half, ¾, full day and overnight options
- Our 24 Hours in Browns Canyon overnight trip is one of our best group trips!
- All gear provided including helmets, wetsuits and splash jackets
Need a school trip close to Denver? Consider one of our Clear Creek trips in Idaho Springs, just 30 minutes from downtown. With great options for groups on a tight schedule, Clear Creek offers discounts for early morning trips, evening trips, and Sunday afternoon trips.
- Our Clear Creek Gold Rush and Upper Clear Creek trip are best for school and college groups
- Ages 6+ on Gold Rush trip, ages 15+ on Upper Clear Creek trip
- ⅓, ½, and full day options
- All gear provided
Don’t forget about our zip lining! For groups that are not interested in rafting or want to add another activity, our zip line courses are the perfect solution. We have 2 Zipline locations: the Mountaintop Zipline Tour at our Granite Outpost and the Cliffside Zipline Tour at Idaho Springs.
- Ages 7+ (Mountaintop Zipline or Cliffside Zipline)
- Zip line ½ days
- Zip line + rafting packages on Clear Creek
- Zip line + rafting packages on the Arkansas
- See all Zip + Raft Packages