Steamboat Springs Rafting Trips
Steamboat Springs is a beautiful ranching community with the look and the feel of the old Wild West. Nestled at 7,000 feet elevation, it is surrounded by Mount Werner, Sunshine Peak, Storm Peak, Thunderhead Peak, Pioneer Ridge and Christie Peak.
Many visitors come for Steamboat’s quaint feel, hot springs and outstanding mountain recreation. The locals are authentic and ranching is still very much a way of life for many in Steamboat, and the town proudly maintains its history and heritage.
Steamboat is definitely not a sleepy old town though; there are plenty of summer activities to keep you busy:
- Rafting on the Colorado River just 1 hour away
- Mountain biking on the trails or in the new Mountain Bike Park
- Road biking events
- Hiking – on Mt. Werner, historic Howelsen Hill, Rabbit Ears Pass and Buffalo Pass
- Fishing/fly fishing
- The Alpine Slide
- Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs (about 20 Minutes' drive from Steamboat),
- Events like the Winter Carnival, Cowboy Downhill, Hot Air Balloon Rodeo, and Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup.
Rafting Trips Near Steamboat
Our Kremmling Outpost is just 1 hour from Steamboat along Hwy 40 and is right on the way to Steamboat from I-70 or Winter Park. A rafting trip on the famous Colorado River makes for a fantastic stop!
The Colorado River near Kremmling provides two rather different river trips. The Upper Colorado Scenic Float through Little Gore Canyon is a beginner rafting trip appropriate for kids ages 3+ and 30lbs or more. This trips allows you to relax, soak in your beautiful surroundings and connect with your family and friends. If the water level is right, sit in the riverside natural hot springs pool. The wildlife is astounding on this trip and it is almost daily that we see hawk and eagles.
Want a little more action on your trip? You can also paddle an Inflatable Kayak trip through this section, giving you more control and getting you closer to the small rapids and waves!
For the ultimate in advanced whitewater rafting, Gore Canyon provides one of the most challenging Class V commercial whitewater rafting trips in the entire U.S.! This full day trip traditionally only runs in August and the beginning of September when river levels are just right.
Where is our Kremmling Outpost?
- 45 minutes from Steamboat
- 1 hour from Breckenridge or Keystone
- 1 hour, 30 minutes from Vail
- 2 hour, 15 minutes from Denver
- 3 hours, 15 minutes from Colorado Springs
- 2 hours, 45 minutes from Aspen
Our favorite places to stay in Steamboat:
- Inn at Steamboat
- Resort Quest condos
- Hotel Bristol
Our favorite places to eat and imbibe in Steamboat:
- Saketumi Sushi
- Brooklyn's Pizzeria
- Johnny B. Good's Diner (great kids menu and burgers)
- Creekside Café & Grill (great breakfasts)
- Fiesta Jalisco (super nice staff, good prices and tasty Margaritas.)
- Sunpie's (fun outside seating right by the river)
- Sweetwater (on the river as well; good happy hour; generally slightly more mature
- Milk Run (awesome donut shop – you may get addicted!)
Want to Take a Yoga Class? Check out Steamboat Pilates Yoga & Fitness.